Friday, March 28, 2014

Aquarium Field Trip

New England Aquarium

In the New England Aquarium I really took some time to observe the Leidys Jellyfish.  they were little jellyfish and they lived in dark water where they would light up due to electric flow going through them.  the electricity made the jellies light up rainbow. the jellies would float around and bump off of each other sometimes latching on to one an other. 
   the aquarium was filled with many cool organisms from penguins, fish, sharks, eels and more.  one part of the aquarium that I really enjoyed was the shark and ray tank.  there was one ray who would come up to my hand every time and try swimming up my arm while sucking on my skin.  the rays were soft and slimy in touch.  their stomachs shouldn't be touched because the stomachs are very sensitive in comparisons the top of them. 
  Another cool thing about the aquarium I saw was the giant fish tank in the middle of the aquarium that was filled with all sorts of organisms.  one animal was myrtle the sea turtle.  she was 85 yrs old and still living. they also had a turtle named Carolina.
   over all I thought the aquarium was a fun and educational field trip.  I learned a lot about marine life and how we need to protect it.  I also thought the movie was awesome! I learned a lot about saving coral reefs and it also made me want to travel.

Here is a picture of a ray just like the ones in the touch tank!
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sting+rays&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=3BAC55B1C6741A31BBD4984DF7A7F0837A5BDECA&selectedIndex=0

No comments:

Post a Comment